Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium
Journey through SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium and discover our magical underwater world. We invite you to join us for an underwater adventure of discovery. SEA LIFE Melbourne takes you on an interactive ocean adventure filled with amazing discovery around every corner.
Discover your inner adventurer as you dive through the depths of the ocean, before waddling your way to the icy cool waters of Antarctica, home to the regal King and cheeky Gentoo penguins. SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium is home to thousands of mesmerizing marine creatures, right in the heart of Melbourne's CBD! There's no better Melbourne attraction to spend the day.
You'll spend hours exploring our underwater exhibits across 12 themed zones from shark spotting at Shipwreck Explorer to watching our cheeky penguins dive into the water at Penguin Playground. Discover more about the underwater animals you'll find at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, click the images below.
**Please note: We are not accepting cash at this time.
Our mission is to create truly memorable experiences and we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require consideration from guests to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online.
- Once you pre-purchase open-dated tickets, please must pre-book here your timeslot.
- We will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during school term time. During the school holidays, we will re-opening 7 days per week.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our aquarium should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please contact should you need to amend your booking.
- Please Note: Pram parking is currently unavailable.
On arrival at SEA LIFE Melbourne:
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
Social distancing measures within our attraction:
We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage has been installed in our building entry, viewing areas, and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing in our cafe area. Tables and chairs have been recon¬figured to ensure enough distance between seated parties. In areas where strangers are seated together, seats will be removed or blocked to ensure there is a suitable gap between guests.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
We have suspended some experiences to ensure that social distancing is suitably maintained. This includes the Glass Bottom Boat, however, the Shark Dive Xtreme and Penguin Passport experiences will continue to operate.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests.