Heritage Desert Safari Dubai
Experience the most awarded Desert Safari in Dubai. Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was in the 1950s on an adventure in the Dubai desert with a professional Conservation Guide.
Unlike any other Dubai Desert Safari, we will take you on a fascinating wildlife drive in 1950’s vintage Land Rovers. As the first motorised vehicles used in the Dubai desert, these Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers have become symbolic of Dubai’s heritage and venturing to unexplored territories.
Spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and stop at a Ghaf tree forest in the dunes for the most spectacular photo opportunities in the desert. Learn about the unique desert ecosystem and discover how the Bedouin survived in the desert in harmony with the desert animals and plant life.
Witness a spectacular falcon show led by a professional Falconer and watch these magnificent birds in full flight. Learn about ancient training techniques and how the Bedouin used falcons for hunting. Watch the Arabian sun setting as the backdrop over the sand dunes.
Afterward, arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, gently lit with traditional lamps and nestled inside a private desert retreat. Discover the rich culture and traditions of Dubai’s heritage with live demonstrations of Arabic coffee and bread making, henna painting, camel rides, and traditional performances. Feast on a 4-course dinner under the stars, afterward relax in our Arabic Majilis area, and try some shisha (hubbly bubbly) if you desire.
History comes to life in this once-in-a-lifetime Desert Safari in Dubai!
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf).
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show in the sand dunes.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Be entertained by traditional henna tattoos, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making, camel rides, and aromatic shisha pipes.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetizer, main course, and dessert. View Menu
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola
- Return to the Hotel between 9:30 pm and 11:30 pm (depends on the season/sunset).
Things you Need to Know:
- From the afternoon into the evening for around 7 hours.
- Includes Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pickup time is between 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick-up time. You will return to the Hotel between 9:30 pm and 11:30 pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep, and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course, and dessert. We also provide vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated.
- Bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history, and the natural environment of Dubai.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
Things to remember:
- We don’t pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
- A private car booking is required if traveling with children under 5 years old.
- So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended for pregnant guests within their third trimester.
- The camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides, please see our Camel Desert Safari.
- Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 1:00 pm on the day of the Desert Safari.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund, except (transfer charges will apply).
- Cancellation less than 24 hours in advance or no show will be 100% charged.
- The refund amount will be credited back to the same card used for booking
- In the event of poor weather conditions or other external factors out of our reasonable control, the activity/tour may be canceled at short notice, without any charges being applied to the guest. In such cases, the tour/activity can be re-scheduled or a full refund will be processed.